· The poetic and the lyrical are modes of expression and communication needed not only by writers but also by designers and artists
· The ability to read, listen to, appreciate and create one’s own poems and lyrics abets this process.
Misconceptions and Assumptions
· The lyric and what is lyrical are the same.
· The poetic and poetry are the same.
· Poetry and its influence has ceased to be of much relevance in today’s world.·
· Are the definitions of lyric, lyrical, poetic, poetry and influence clear to you?
· Are the bridges already there or the ones you can make between these terms and art and design clear to you?
· Which is more powerful the verbal lyric or the lyric aided by audio- visuals etc?
· What are the different types of lyrics?
· Are you aware of the history of the lyric’s growth and evolution?· Where do you think the lyrical mode will go/take you from now and here?